If you started getting into the art of creating VR/interactive 360º stories. Welcome!
Owning a 360º camera is essential to create your VR/interactive 360º stories. As a beginner, investing in a 360º camera might be hard to commit due to its price point.
Google Street View App (Overview):
We did some research and reviewed the Google Street View app. Here are some of the thing we liked about it:
- It can capture 360º images in satisfactory quality.
- The images are compatible with the VRTY platform.
- Most importantly, it is FREE to download – meaning you don’t have to buy a 360º camera to get started on your journey.
How to use Google Street View App (Step-by-step guide):
- Download the Google Street View App from the GooglePlay Store or Apple App Store by searching for ‘Google Street View’ app.
- Once the app is downloaded, open the app.
- Go over to ‘Profile’ and select the ‘camera’ icon at the right bottom corner. Allow the app to access into your phone’s media gallery and camera for the function to work.
- Open the camera and follow the yellow dot in the app and snap away.
- After capturing the images, the app will stitch up all the images you took into a 360º image, also known as an equirectangular image.
- Your new 360º image will automatically save into your phone’s gallery.
- Then, you can use that image by uploading it onto the VRTY platform and start creating your VR/interactive 360º story!