Both Admin and Teacher account users can create and manage Student accounts. Admin users can create Student accounts using the Admin Menu Option with a self-registration link process or a manual process.
The other way to create Student accounts is as follows:
- Log into your account.
- Select [Students] from the menu bar on the left-hand side of the screen.
- If you’d like to add Students into Teams, Classes or DIVISIONS, click on the [New Division] button. A pop-up box will appear so you can label the group and add any notes. Click the [Save] button once finished.
- You can also add SUB-DIVISIONS under a DIVISION, by clicking on the [New Sub-Division] menu option on the right-hand side of the screen. For example: You can set-up a Year 9 Division with further Sub-Divisions of Year 9 English and Year 9 Italian.
- To manually add Students, first select the Division or Sub-Division that you would like to add Student accounts to. It should be highlighted with a Blue background if done correctly.
- Then click on the [Create New Student] icon (the person icon with a + symbol). A pop-up box will appear where you can type in your Student’s name and email address. You can also choose to ACTIVATE the account straightaway, by selecting it from the [Current Status] dropdown menu. Click [Save] once finished.
- This will create a new Student account on the VRTY Platform and add their name to your Student List.
- An email will be sent to the Student’s email with their login details and password. They can use these credentials to login to the VRTY Platform and start creating. We strongly recommend for the Students to change their password to their own unique password.
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6 to add more Student accounts.
Locked-down Student Emails
In some instances, Students are not allowed to receive emails from external email addresses. In this instance, you can create the Student accounts manually, as above, and then preset a password for them so they can login to the VRTY Platform. The process is as follows:
- Follow Steps 1 through to Step 7 as outlined above.
- Since the Students cannot receive an email from the VRTY Platform, the automated email will not work.
- Go to your Student List and select the Students that you would like to manually preset a password for. You can do this by clicking the box to the left of their name, or the box at the top of the list to select them all.
- The MANAGE PASSWORDS FOR SELECTED ACCOUNTS button should now be highlighted in Red. Click on this button. A pop-up box will appear with options to type in a specific password. You’ll need to type in the password again to confirm. Once you have finished, click [Save].
- This will now preset your password on the VRTY Platform for these selected Student accounts.
- The Students can now login to the VRTY Platform using their email addresses and the preset password. We strongly recommend for the Students to change their password to their own unique password once they have logged in.
If you need any further assistance, please contact your VRTY account manager.