VRTY also offers an offline viewing solution which is the VRTY streamer box for organisations who do not have a fast and strong internet connection.
*VRTY users only are eligible to purchase this device.
Once the streamer box is installed, you can download any published projects into the streamer box and experience the projects through your local network.
Each streamer box is able to hold up to 30 users simultaneously. You can manage each streamer box on the VRTY platform.
You can monitor the status of the streamer box in the ‘Streamer’ > ‘Devices’ page.
- IP Address: Copy the local IP Address of the streamer box. Paste it on the browser. It will bring the user to the streamer box’s projects listing page.
- Disk Space: It shows the disk space in the streamer box.
- Connection Status: Display the streamer box’s status whether is online or offline.
- You can sync projects by downloading them into the streamer box. *Internet is required in this process.
- Go into [Streamer] > [Sync Projects]. Click on the ‘sync’ button, to download the project into the selected connected streamer box.
- *Download time varies depending on the internet speed.
- Only published projects can be synced into the streamer box. To learn how to publish a project, please look at the Publish and Share Guide.
View Sync Projects
- After a project successfully synced into a streamer box, you can view the project locally.
- The synced project’s URL can retrieve easily on the platform.
- Copy and paste the URL to the supported browser, allow the project to load for a couple minutes and enjoy your VR/interactive 360 project.
If the streamer box is not working as expected, the following tips may be able to help:
- No streamer boxes appeared in the devices page: The reason might be there were no streamer boxes been purchased. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to order a streamer box.
- Streamer box appeared as offline in the devices page:
- First, make sure the streamer box has been connected to the local network and this local network must have internet connection.
- If the streamer box is connected, please find the network administrator to add a new rule to the network’s firewall. The rule must allow all accesses to pro.vrty.io link.
- If the streamer box still appears as offline after the firewall rule is added, please send email to email@example.com to seek for assistance.
- Stream box has no more storage: Each streamer box has 14G of storage for storing VR projects. If it is full, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to order more streamer boxes.